Welcome to Mattawang Golf Club
Mattawang Golf Club COVID-19 Booking and Play Procedures
Mattawang Golf Club looks forward to welcoming players back for the 2020 Season. Please read below for our current booking and play procedures. We appreciate your understanding during this period.
Please do NOT arrive more than 15 minutes before your tee time, however please arrive on time. We expect to be busy!
Note – since the building is closed to the public, no frequent player cards will be handed out or redeemed.
- The course is walking only. Players are welcome to bring their own pull carts.
- No Walk-Ups or Pro Shop sales including rental clubs and rental pull carts.
- 18-hole rate only
- All rounds are now pre-paid and can be booked online only. You can Book through the Mattawang website and also on Golf Now. Rates cancelled within 24 hours of the tee time will not be refunded. In order to cancel a tee time, please log into the booking portal.
- You may be asked to create a new account even if you have played with us previously.
- Times will be released on a rolling basis. Please check back hourly for cancellations or new times.
- Due to restrictions put in place by the EDC, no facilities are currrently open. This includes practice driving range, clubhouse, drinking water, restrooms, or the pro shop. The putting green is Limited to no more then 6 golfers and proper distance spacing.
- We will have employees on premises to check golfers in for security purposes and rangers on busier days.
- Please observe social distancing per the CDC’s guidelines: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/social-distancing.html
- There are no bunker rakes on the course. Please lift and replace in bunkers.
- Cups will be raised above ground level for safety. PLEASE do not attempt to push the cups down or remove the flag sticks. We will be adding new cup lifters when they are received and we think you will love this addition.
The Mattawang Golf Club of today is very true to its original layout. As was typical of course design for private clubs in the 1950’s and early 60’s, the idea was to create a challenging venue, in a natural setting, with a premium placed on shot-making skills.
The course plays to 6805 yards from the back tees, so it has plenty of length. Although often appearing wide and open, the fairways are actually quite tight and golfers quickly discover that the trees which line many of the fairways have been thoughtfully placed to penalize errant shots.
Typical of the design philosophy of the era, most of the greens are small and protected by sand traps. They have rightfully gained a reputation over the past few years as being among the best maintained putting surfaces in the state. Golfers must hit both their tee and approach shots accurately or pay the price.
Click here to see great new photos from Joseph Bausch: A hole-by-hole view of Mattawang!
Mattawang earned more awards in 2015!
BEST BARGAIN: PUBLIC
BEST CLUB PRO: PUBLIC
Mattawang garners several awards in 2014!
BEST FAMILY CLUB: PUBLIC
TOP GOLF PROFESSIONAL: PUBLIC
- Read about those and other 2014 awards Mattawang earned!
- Read about 2013 awards Mattawang earned!
- 2011 and 2010 Best Public Value Club in NJ as voted by Golf Style Magazine
- NJSGA Golf Magazine – Read The Article Here
Golf, Inc’s April issue features Mahlon Dow – Mahlon Dow Named one of the World’s Most Admired Golf Operators.